Sunday, April 4, 2010

Avalon

The waves so gently roll along,
The fog is thick and dense.
I stare unblinking at the sea.
My feelings are intense.
And then at last the jagged cliffs
Appear before the dawn--
The island I've been searching for,
The Isle of Avalon.

When I land, Merlin's hand
Helps me to the sand.
We embrace, then I race
To seek Arthur's face.
I subside, slow my stride,
'Til I reach his side.

"My King, I feel ashamed to be
So close to you right now.
When I have lost the vision of
My call, my sacred vow.
Adrift so long and lost at sea,
I lost most everything!
I've forgotten who I am
And how to be a king.

But there you are, like a star,
Never drifting very far.
Though afraid, though betrayed,
You fought on in your crusade.
In the night, full of fright,
How could you not lose your sight?"

And the king replied,
"When the world was black and all things seemed broken,
There was one thing that would see me through:
In my heart I'd hear words my friends had spoken.
"Good must prevail! Sire, defend what's true!
Don't give up now! Arthur, that's not you!"

And I learned that a king wants to run and hide
This is a truth that can't be ignored.
He must search himself for his faith inside,
It takes more than strength to withdraw a sword.
Then you let that faith light a fire inside you,
Giving you strength to withstand the tide.
When you find that fire then you will be renewed.
At last all can see the king you are inside!"

No comments:

Post a Comment