Sunday, April 25, 2010

Aslan's Eyes

My heart is pounding in my chest
To see the Lion's face.
I bow my head as I draw near,
Ashamed at my disgrace.
"I'm sorry that I failed," I said,
While staring at his paw.
But then he gently said, "Look up."
And this is what I saw:

I saw a little boy reach out
For his dad he could not see.
The trust he had was sweet and pure.
The boy I saw was me.
I saw this boy become a man,
Dedicating his whole soul
To serve his God and fellowmen.
It was his only goal.
I confess, it caught me by surprise
What I saw in Aslan's eyes.

"I do not see a failure, son,
When I look on you;
I see a child who's lost his way,
But searching for what's true.
I see a son with wings to soar,
But fearing to take flight."
I looked inside his eyes once more
And saw that he was right.

I saw myself for who I am
And all that I could be--
A servant sent to heal the world.
I saw God work through me.
I realized that I lost myself
When I tried to work alone.
But my potential grew so much
With God as my sure stone.
That was when I began to realize
Who I am in Aslan's eyes.

A child, a man, a beggar, a king
A doctor, a patient, or most anything.
I'm all these and more,
I can wear no disguise
When I look at myself
Through Aslan's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment