Sunday, May 3, 2009

Splash Mountain

Up a track, down a track
And getting slightly wet.
While leaning back, I look around
To see the southern set.

Down I go, gripping tight
Right after Brer Bear's cave.
The critters ask, "How d'ya do?"
For that's how they behave.

"Pretty good, sho's yer born,"
The critters answer back.
Brer Rabbit's nailed his door up tight;
He's gone and packed his sack.

Buzzing loud, bees fly high.
With smiles on ev'ry face,
The critters laugh here all day long
'Cause it's the Laughing Place!

But Brer Fox and Brer Bear
Are laughing loudly too.
They've got Brer Rabbit trapped and stuck
To make him rabbit stew.

"Please!" he cries. "Let me go!"
But vultures overhead
Imply, as I ascend a hill,
That he will soon be dead.

At the top, looking down,
The ride begins to slow.
The camera captures all my fright,
Then down the drop I go.

Down I plunge fifty feet!
I'm soaked by that steep dive!
But, "Zip-a-dee-do-dah!" I sing.
The thrill of being alive!

Now it's done. I get off.
What fun that ride had been!
Then eagerly I get in line
To ride the ride again.

No comments:

Post a Comment