Sunday, April 26, 2009

Born Again

A spirit enters through the womb
Where, immersed, the new babe lies.
Then, drenched in blood, the babe is born.
It takes a breath and cries.

Such was my birth, like all the rest.
But I mourn that first-time breath,
For dare I say I had gained life?
No, I was born to death.

This world of sin and greed and lust
Has cut off all hope of life.
I'm left to wander in the dark
And swim through all my strife.

But then I learn about the Lord,
How He offers life that's new.
I look to Him with all my heart
And ask what I must do.

I exercise my faith in Him
And repent of all my sins.
I pledge to serve Him faithfully.
Now my new life begins.

The Spirit enters in my heart.
I'm immersed in water deep.
The Savior's blood has cleansed my soul.
With utmost joy, I weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment