Sunday, January 25, 2009

Waiting

The preacher's words burned deep inside
As I listened to each sound.
He taught that families are eternal.
I rejoiced in what I found.

I rushed up to the men from God
And asked what I must do
To have this gift they promised me,
For I believed their words were true.

"You must be baptized," said the men,
"And receive the Holy Ghost.
We'll then seal you eternally
To the ones you love the most."

My spirits fell, I shed a tear,
For this gift could not be mine.
I could never be baptized.
I died in 1469.

"But there is hope," they said to me,
"If you believe our words are true.
In the temple, down on earth,
They can do this work for you."

With tears of joy I searched the earth
For a descendent who would go
To the temple with my name.
How my gratitude would show!

But I could not find anyone
Who would give some time for me.
They were so busy with their lives
That they couldn't hear my plea.

They used their cars to drive around
When on-line, they played a game.
But they would not drive to the temple,
Nor try to find my name.

Oh, mortal children, don't you know
How those things don't matter here?
I'm all alone and wait for you
To unite my family dear.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, this is both awe inspiring and making me feel a bit guilty.... :) You have such a great ability to write. I'm jealous. How's your daily R.A.S.K.?

    ReplyDelete