Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Precious Flag

When I see her hoisted on a pole
My eyes quickly fill with tears.
This banner with its stars and stripes
Has long waved through the years.

Do not mock me that I cry,
For do you not understand?
That banner is much more than cloth--
It represents my land!

See those stars, those 50 stars?
They're 50 states united!
Never has a star been lost!
They've never been divided!

I think back on the moment when
There were 13 stars--no more.
When this precious flag was born
The country was at war.

But love for liberty prevailed!
How I wish that I could see
That day when it first flew o'er
The land of the brave and free!

This flag has seen so many wars
With bombs bursting all around.
But just like Key, we all can see
Each morn that flag's still found.

The white stripes ever shall be pure
And the red stripes never dim.
We persevere with help from God
For we rely on Him.

And so with tears, I touch my heart
As I see the banner soar.
I pray that God will bless this flag.
May it wave forevermore!

No comments:

Post a Comment