Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Lifeline

The dream I had was pleasant:
I was sailing on the sea.
But then my ship was sinking
And the water covered me.

"Wake up" I heard a voice say.
But being tired, I was slow.
I did not know my danger
As my eyelids drooped so low.

But when awake I panicked.
I was sinking in the sand!
My legs and waist were hidden
And I fought to free my hands.

Asleep, I did not notice
I was sinking way too fast.
But now my life was ending
And each breath could be my last.

But then I saw a lifeline!
I reached out to grab the rope.
I clutched it, holding tightly,
Knowing it was my last hope.

My freedom wasn't easy,
But at last I found dry ground.
If that rope had not been there,
Then I know I would have drowned.

I looked back at my lifeline,
Giving thanks with ev'ry breath
For he who'd placed the rope there
And had rescued me from death.

No comments:

Post a Comment